Welcome to Clements Education Demo Center Lessons
Free Test Prep Writing Lesson for the LAT & RST
Narrated Higher Order Thinking (HOT) Skills Lesson
Higher Order Thinking Skills are critical for your students to achieve higher scores on the ELA NJSLA test.
This sample Lesson provides hands-on experience in correctly understanding what the question is looking for, and then, how to identify the answer choice that BEST answers the question when three or even all four choices appear to be correct.
Below these instructions are two documents: on the left side is a PDF Text and an NJSLA Style Question and on the right is the Narrated Lesson slide show (used on the classroom SmartBoard).
While this is a grade 4 lesson, teachers across all grades have used it and found that their students grasped the concept of “Distractors”, understanding how they make what looks like a correct answer wrong.
Text and Question
- Hover over top right corner and click to expand
- Click download icon upper right to save, copy, print to distribute to students when instructed in the PowerPoint
- Click “X” in the tab at top of page to close
(make sure your speakers are on)
- Click on “Play” link center of screen or bottom left corner
- Click icon bottom right to expand to full screen
- Use controls at bottom to pause, scroll forward or back
- Click “Esc” on your keyboard to exit.
CLEMENTS CLASSROOM VIRTUAL TOUR
Clements Classroom offers a wide range of lessons for Teachers at all grade levels to help students build reading and writing skills. Each lesson has a Teacher's Guide and slide show or video for use on a Smart Board. Watch the 2 minute video to see how easy it is for teachers to access quality lessons.
Then get in touch so we can show you how your student NJSLA test scores can go up!
Let's talk more about how Clements Education can help improve your students' test scores.
Complete the form below and you'll hear from us within one business day.
Your information is never sold, given or shared with anyone, ever!